Monday, July 14, 2008

Good Weekend

The stay at the Cobb Lane Bed and Breakfast turned out very nice. I am really looking forward to planning another bed and breakfast trip in the future. We may even venture back here around Christmas time to stay while the house is decorated for the season.

It was very interesting eating breakfast in a very formal environment with 10 other complete strangers. It turned out that everyone was very nice and the conversation during breakfast was "light" and mostly centered around weddings and college football. It actually ended up feeling very casual, despite the initial intimidation of the formal setting.

After I woke up and had a shower, I drug myself into the living and dining area of the house to find one of the owners putting out some coffee. I gladly took a cup and made my way outside to the wrap-around porch where I sat in a wicker chair and enjoyed the solitude. The atmosphere was very relaxing during the morning hours. I hope that next time we visit we can arrange to stay for more than one day so that we can linger about in the morning for a longer duration.

As for the wedding on Saturday night: It was a nice wedding, held at the Rucker Place in Birmingham, AL. My friend from college, Sam Eskildsen, got married. Only days ago he quit his job in preparation for the wedding/honeymoon and then off to graduate school at Wharton. I know nothing really about the school other than it being very highly regarded. That being said, I am a bit jealous of Sam. I would absolutely love to quit work and go back to school. I still have yet to formulate a realistic plan for that.

No comments: